Shopping is my Cardio

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Welcome Back!

Okay, so I admit that it has been a very long time since I have posted anything. It's not for lack of anything to say (just ask my husband!)
Dare I attempt a super-quick summary of the past 15 months? When last I posted, we were in Windsor - my parents came for a visit in July, and we had a fantastic time checking out Pelee Island and all sorts of other Ontario-riffic sites. At the end of July we drove back to Edmonton in time for me to start my new job on the first of August. While Murray spent the year attached to the laptop writing his thesis, I galavanted about the country telling everyone how great Concordia is (among many, many other things).

Murray finished school in May, and we found out that Murray's first call would be to Zion Lutheran Church in Melville, SK. And here I sit, in Melville, at my kitchen table, filling you in on all the SK excitement.

We live in a parsonage (that means the church owns our house, in case you were wondering). I have been promising Christina some pictures of our place, so here is the virtual tour:

The house was built in about 1966 and we have a total of 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We have a HUGE lot (lots of grass to cut!) as you can see here:


We usually use the back door (on the left, by the garage), and when you first come in, there are stairs to the basement, and the kitchen is on your right:

Yes, in case you're wondering, that is my cat sprawled out on the kitchen table. How hygenic.

If you continue through the kitchen, you will end up in the living room, which is outfitted with our new, heck-of-a-deal furniture from Ikea:

Looking back toward the kitchen, you see this:

We have 3 bedrooms upstairs (this is the master bedroom, which looks much smaller than it is - it is across from the kitchen, to the left when you first come in the door) :

Next to the bedroom is the bathroom (no shower, but lots of counter space) :

Next to the bathroom is the "beauty room" which has my closet and hair/makeup/junk. Then there is the spare room on the end that houses more junk (and, maybe someday, a baby. No, not right now.)

Downstairs is a really big storage room which has a whole wall of shelving and a cold storage room for all the canning I'm going to learn to do (HA HA HA HA!) There is also lots of shelving in the laundry room, which is also where we have our recycling bins set up.

The main part of the basement is the craft area/Wii playing area. This is where I rock the block playing Mario Kart, wail on my pecs with the Wii Fit, and create tasteful and inspiring works of craft:



There is a bathroom downstairs with the only shower in the house (it looks like a bathroom - you're not missing much), and beside that is the spare bedroom:

We even have cable TV in the spare room for our houseguests who enjoy watching Holmes on Holmes or re-runs of Canada's Next Top Model while they're dozing off to sleep.We've had our first over night guests, and a few visitors from out of town - as you can see, we have plenty of space (and multiple colours of wood panelling in the basement)...if you're ever in the Melville area, you have a place to stay!

That's all I've got for now...it's pretty dark out, and it's not even 9:00pm. Summer is nearing its end. That's a tragic way to end this post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Keith said...

I bet you wrote your first blog entry in over a year while I was beating your husband at golf yesterday. You are in my blog list!

August 17, 2008 7:02 p.m.  
Blogger LenoreNeverM♡re said...

god bless u all!I'm a new comer to the blog world, but I enjoy your daily life story. Hope you drop me aline or 2 & check out my blog too.
ok...Take care!
~Lenore*

September 04, 2008 3:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home